Get your B.A. in Global Studies
About the Major
Are you fascinated by other cultures? Do you want to pursue a career that requires an understanding of global issues and an ability to collaborate with people with diverse cultural backgrounds?
As a global studies major you can concentrate in:
- Literature, Art & Film
- Global Health Development
- Global Political Economy & Institutions
- Global Societies – Human Rights
Acquire skills for cross-cultural collaboration
Examine global phenomena through multiple disciplines
Identify and assess global trends
Employers want to hire employees able to navigate a globalized world.
- Finance manager
- International trade specialist
- International development officer
- Foreign affairs or diplomacy specialist
- Nonprofit and human services director
- Relief organization manager
- International business manager
- Government and foreign service officer
Because the Global Studies major is as much about experiencing the world as it is about taking classes, you will engage in an international immersion experience. Participate in a variety of educational activities to complement the traditional classroom.
As part of your major, you will pick a concentration area, select a geographic or cultural region, and learn a language from the region you have chosen.
Sample courses include:
- GLS 250: Introduction to International Studies
- GLS 251: Dimensions of Globalization – Language, Literature, and Culture
Ready to learn more?
- See degree requirements
- Learn about Global Studies
Get in touch with an SBS advisor: