Get your B.A. in Information Science and Arts
About the Major
Are you fascinated by the intersection of information technology and the arts? In this major, you will learn about digital aesthetics, information representation, and computational art culture.
Learn about creative coding, human-computer interaction, and virtual reality
Explore interactive art, sound technology, multimedia design, and game development
Use lasers and 3D printers in a new rapid prototyping lab
Benefit from the rapidly growing field of information science information! You will be qualified for jobs that require interdisciplinary and out-of-the-box thinking, primarily in fields that work with computational data tied to humans interacting with computers.
- Database administrator
- Public information officer
- Web designer
- Human resources specialist
- Information system manager
- Digital marketing director
Sample courses include:
- ISTA 100: Great Ideas of the Information Age
- ISTA 130: Computational Thinking and Doing
- ISTA 161: Ethics in a Digital World
- ISTA 301: Computing and the Arts
- ESOC 400: Information, Multimedia Design, and the Moving Image
Ready to learn more?
- See degree requirements
- Learn about the School of Information
Get in touch with an SBS advisor: