Get your B.A. in Middle Eastern and North African Studies
About the Major
Explore an area of the world that is constantly in the news, yet remains a mystery to many people. By learning about the history, culture, politics, and languages of the Middle East and North Africa, you will gain insight into a part of the world that nearly half a billion people call home.
Focus on the history, cultures, and literature of the Middle East and North Africa
Explore the religion, politics, and geography of the region
Learn Arabic, Persian, Turkish or Hebrew
Do you want to gain an in-depth understanding of the history, culture, and languages of the Middle East and North Africa? Explore what it means to be a MENAS major at the University of Arizona and how this degree can prepare you for a variety of careers.
Sample courses include:
- Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, or Turkish
- MENA 277A: History of Modern Middle East
- MENA 224: Islamic Thought
- MENA 311E: Geography of the Middle East
- MENA 350: Key Novels of the Middle East and North Africa
- MENA 441: Arab-Israeli Conflict
Ready to learn more?
Get in touch with an SBS advisor: